Ants could be a big nuisance in our homes. Carpenter ants and sugar ants are the two biggest ant problems one can have in their home.
This article would squarely tackle how to get rid of carpenter ants although the remedies listed below can be used for virtually any ant challenge you might be having in your home.
As such these home remedies could work for fire ants, harvester ants, sugar ants, etc.
Carpenter ants are very destructive as they can damage building materials. As such, their expulsion or elimination from your home should be taken seriously.
Below are some good practices to keep away carpenter ants from your home;
- Keep foods in well-closed containers.
- Take out your trash regularly and keep trash cans sealed.
- Remove all possible nesting space from your yard such as woodpiles and old, abandoned furniture.
- Clean up spilled food and drinks promptly.
- Seal up cracks and crevices around your house.
- Avoid leaving food remains and dirty dishes in your sink (especially overnight)
- Keep your home clean especially your countertops, kitchens, and windowsills.
- Do not store firewood close to your house. Also, ensure to inspect firewoods brought into the home as carpenter ants could be on them.
- Make sure your house is damp and leakage free as carpenter ants like damp murky places.
- Ensure tree branches are not touching your house as carpenter ants could enter your home through this means.
Below are 18 natural treatments and home remedies to get rid of carpenter ants;