There are homemade beauty recipes and tips that can transform your skin into one that is smooth and glowing.
Rough, patchy and tired-looking skin doesn’t just make us look unhealthy and unkempt, they are also very unattractive.
Factors that could cause our skin to worn out include; use of harsh lotions, stressful lifestyle, excessive smoking, poor diet, lack of sleep, alcohol consumption, and exposure to harmful ultraviolet sun rays.
Furthermore, skin conditions such as acne, enlarged pores and wrinkles could also make us feel uncomfortable skin-wise.
Here are tips and good practices, to consider, if you want a healthy glowing skin;
- Ensure you exfoliate your skin regularly to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Ensure you maintain a healthy balanced diet that is rich in oxidants and vitamins, especially vitamin C.
- Strive to get quality restful sleep at night.
- Endeavor to exercise regularly as it improves blood circulation around the body and the skin. This improved circulation helps to rejuvenate the skin.
- Ensure you stay hydrated all day by drinking an adequate amount of water daily.
Below are 24 natural home remedies and treatments for smooth and glowing skin;
1. Honey: Apply Honey To Face And Neck For 15 Minutes. Rinse Off, With Water, Thereafter. Honey Is A Popular Natural Skin Smoother. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3611628/)
2. Oat: Form Oat Paste With Warm Water And Gently Scrub Face And Neck With This Oat Paste In Circular Motion. Oat Is A Great Facial Scrub For A Smooth Skin.
3. Drink Orange Juice: Orange Juice Helps Detoxify The Body As Well As Give Your Skin A Good Glow.
4. Potato: Take A Slice Of Soaked Potato And Rub On Face And Neck For 5 Minutes. Rinse Off Thereafter. Potato Is Effective For Toning And Smoothing The Skin.
5. Green Tea: Gently Scrub Face With Green Tea For 10 Minutes. Rinse Thereafter. Green Tea Is Rich In Flavanoids Which Is Helpful In Collagen Production In The Skin. It Also Reverses Signs Of Ageing Of The Skin, Maintains Skin Elasticity And Maintains Skin Glow. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/)
6. Papaya: Apply Mashed Papaya Paste As Face Mask. Rinse Off After 20 Minutes. Papain, A Natural Enzyme In Papaya, Has Healing And Antimicrobial Properties. Papain Also Helps To Remove Damaged Dead Skin Cells.
7. Coconut Oil: Apply Coconut Oil To Skin. Coconut Oil Is Effective For Dry Skin. Coconut Oil Helps To Keep In Skin Moisture And Nourishes The Skin With Essential Fatty Acids. Also, Its Antioxidant Properties Keep The Skin Smooth And Glowing. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4671521/)
8. Cod Liver Oil: Apply Cod Liver Oil To Face And Neck For 15 Minutes. Rinse Off Thereafter. Cod Liver Oil Is Rich In Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Vitamin A And Vitamin D. This Help Give The Skin A Nice Glow, Revitalize Damaged Cells And Nourish The Skin. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2258476/)
9. Banana: Apply Mashed Banana As Face Mask For 20 Minutes. Rinse Off Thereafter. Banana Is Rich In Skin-Friendly Vitamins Such As Vitamins A, B, C, E And Minerals Such As Potassium That Nourish The Skin, Make The Skin Soft And Reduce Blemishes.
10. Aloe Vera: Apply Aloe Vera Gel To Skin. Aloe Vera Is A Very Effective Skin Healer. It Helps Make The Skin Smooth, Reduce Blemishes, Wrinkles And Fine Line. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763764/)
11. Olive Oil: Apply Olive Oil To Face And Neck. Olive Oil Is A Natural Skin Moisturize And Helps Give The Skin A Radiant Shine. Olive Oils Antioxidant Properties Help Protect The Skin From Harmful Free Radicals, Thus, Protecting The Skin From Oxidative Damage.
12. Saffron: Apply A Mixture Of Saffron Strands And Honey To Face And Neck. Saffron Protects The Skin From Sun Damage. Its Antioxidants Keep The Skin Clear, Healthy And Smooth. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24363719)
13. Water: Stay Hydrated By Drinking Plenty Of Water And Eating Lots Of Fresh Fruits And Vegetables. Water Helps To Flush Out Body Toxins And Wastes. However, Stay Away From Carbonated, Sugary Drinks And Alcohol.
14. Tea Tree Oil: Apply Tea Tree Oil To Area Affected By Acne/Pimples. Tea Tree Oil Is Effective In Fighting Acne-Causing Bacteria And Reducing Blemishes. However, Do Not Use Tea Tree Oil If You Are Allergic To It.
15. Carrot: Drink Carrot Juice Intermittently. The Antioxidants In Carrots Protect The Skin From Harmful Free Radicals. Carrots Are Also Rich In Beta-Carotene And Vitamin A Which Help Improve Skin Texture.
16. Rose Water: Apply Rose Water To Face And Neck. Rosewater Tones The Skin. It Also Alkalizes The Skin, Thus, Stabilizing Skin pH. It Also Acts As A Skin Cleanser.
17. Lemon: Apply Lemon Juice To Face And Neck. Rinse Off After 10 Minutes. Lemon Juice Helps To Cleanse The Skin, Lighten Spots, And Blackheads. It Also Helps To Soften And Smoothen The Skin.
18. Turmeric: Apply A Mixture Of Turmeric And Milk Paste To Face And Neck. Turmeric Can Help Lighten Skin Pigmentations And Other Skin Discolorations.
19. Baking Soda: Apply A Mixture Of Baking Soda And Extra Virgin Olive Oil To The Face And Neck For 15 Minutes. Rinse Thereafter. Baking Soda Is Good For Exfoliating The Skin. Its Alkaline Nature And Anti-Inflammatory Properties Also Help To Stabilise The Skin’s pH And Check Any Skin Inflammation Respectively.
20. Milk And Honey: Apply A Mixture Of Milk And Honey To Face And Neck For 20 Minutes. Rinse Off Thereafter. Milk Is Rich In Skin-Friendly Nutrients Such As Saturated Fats, Protein Calcium And Vitamin C. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2039733/)
21. Cucumber: Apply Cucumber Paste As Face Mask For 30 Minutes. Rinse Off Thereafter. Cucumber Is Effective In Hydrating And Nourishing The Skin. Its Alkaline Nature Helps Stabilise The Skin’s Acid Ratio, Thus, Helping To Protect The Skin From Harmful Microbes. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569219)
22. Karela: Drink Karela (Bitter Gourd) Juice. Karela Juice Helps Maintain Skin Glow. It Also Improves Digestion, Fights Infections And Purifies The Blood.
23. Mint Tea: Apply Mint Juice Or Mint Tea To Face And Neck. Not Only Does Mint Give A Fresh Cooling Effect To The Face And Neck, It Also Reduces Skin Blemishes And Helps Tone The Skin.
24. Tomato: Apply Tomato Puree To Face And Neck For 15 Minutes. Rinse Off Thereafter. Tomato Is Good For Treating Acne, Blemishes And Is A Natural Skin Toner.
Pin To Pinterest