A lot of us want to look younger than we are. Your genetic makeup plays a big role in achieving this. Also, you diet plays a big role to.
Here are some tips and good practices, to consider, if you want to look and stay younger;
- Try to avoid stress and stressful situations. You could take up meditation and yoga to help you relax better.
- Include foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids include wild salmon, walnuts, and seeds.
- Include exercises in your weekly routine. Exercises help you think better, tones your muscles, and boosts your mood.
- You could also indulge in a glass of red wine from time to time.
- Drinking herbal tea, especially green tea, would help keep your skin young and healthy.
- Superfruits such as pomegranates would also help make you look younger due to its rich variety of antioxidants.
Below are 14 anti-aging foods that would make you look 14 years younger;
Avocado helps to reduce cholesterol levels and supports skin regeneration. Avocado is also rich in antioxidants, folate, potassium and vitamin C.
The lignans, in broccoli, help boost the immune system, prevent heart diseases and also acts as a natural anti-cancer agent.
Apples, like citrus fruits, are rich in vitamin C which supports your immune systems in fighting diseases.
Oats are recommended by the American Heart Association because of their ability to lower cholesterol levels in the body.
Leafy vegetables such as spinach, contain lutein and zeaxanthin. These two antioxidants protect the skin against the effects of harmful ultraviolet rays.
Berries such as blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, all contain more vitamin C than orange, per serving. Vitamin C helps reduce the rate of cellular degeneration.
Cucumbers have high levels of silica which is used for collagen production.
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene which act as natural sun screen.
Guava are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C are good for collagen production and healthy skin sheen.
Wild Oily Fish
Wild fish such as sardines, mackerel and wild salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are good for skin elasticity.
Pomegranate contain ellagic acid and punicalagin that preserve skin collagen. Thus, making it a good anti-aging food.
Oranges, grapes, lemon are all loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants which reduce cellular degeneration.
Walnuts are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E which are natural anti-ageing and anti-inflammatory agents.
Resveratrol, in red, wine helps protect the body from diseases. However, consume in moderation as too much alcohol accelerates the aging process.
Pin To Pinterest