Diverticulitis occur when the diverticula (pouch-like formations) in the small or large intestine becomes inflamed. Although the exact cause is unknown, it is believed that straining the digestive tract lining during bowwel movement could be a major risk factor.
Another suspected risk factor is consumption of low-fiber diet.
Symptoms of diverticulitis include diarrhea, stooling, nausea, bloating, and abdominal pain.
Below are 18 natural home remedies and treatments for diverticulitis pain relief;
1. Avoid Spicy Food
2. Consume Pawpaw (Papaya) And Pear
3. Relax Your Body
4. Take Slippery Elm
5. Take Licorice Tea
6. Take Marshmallow Tea. It Has Anti-Inflammatory And Soothing Properties
7. Eat High-Fiber Foods
8. Consume Garlic
9. Use Hot Compress Or Heat Pad Over The Abdomen
10. Consume Aloe Vera. It Has Soothing And Anti-Inflammatory Properties
11. Drink Water And Stay Hydrated
12. Avoid Using Laxatives
13. Eat Nuts, Seeds And Corn
14. Consume Potatoes. It Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
15. Eat Barley
16. Add Oregano To Meals As Spice
17. Consume Yogurt. It Is A Good Probiotic
18. Eat Brown Rice
Pin To Pinterest