Beet juice are very healthy for the body. Below are 10 health benefits of beet juice.
- Helps to lower blood pressure.
- Beet roots are high in nitrates which play a significant role in reducing and maintaining blood pressure levels.
- Nitrates, in beet juice, also boost athletic performance
- Betaine, in beet juice, are helpful for the elimination of toxins and in the reduction of amino acid called homocysteine. High amounts of homocysteine can damage red blood vessels causing strokes, blood clot and atherosclerosis.
- Beets may help prevent colon cancer. Betacyanin, a pigment found in beet, is an antioxidant found to be particularly successful in preventing colon cancer.
- Beet juice detoxifies blood and purifies the liver. Beet juice contains a group of antioxidants called betalains which boost the immune system, act as anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory agents. These betalains are also one of the best blood purifers. Thus, they clean the blood stream and also help and purify the liver.
- Beet juice increases glutathione and lowers cholestorol. Glutathione is a master molecule that bonds with toxins and pollutants that enter the bloodstream and eliminates them through the bowels. Beet juice is also helpful in reducing bad cholesterol and triglycerides which restrict blood flow around the body and also increases HDL (the good cholesterols).
- Beet juice are also rich in vitamin C and Folic Acid. Thus, they are recommended for pregnant women for proper spinal cord development of the baby. Folic acid are also necessary for the production of red blood cell.
- Beet juice are high in iron and carotenoids. Thus, beet juice helps to prevent anemia and are craved by women during menstruation to replenish iron levels.
- Raw beets also contains the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin which are beneficial for the retina of the eye and assist in protecting the skin.
- Increases supply of oxygen to the brain and body.
Pin To Pinterest