Wasps are dangerous and aggressive insects.
In recent years, there has been an increased invasion of wasps in North America. That’s why it is a good idea to know some simple ways to repel or deter them from your environ.
Yellow jackets and hornets are two of the most common types of wasps.
Here are some good practices to note when dealing with wasps;
- Wear as much protective clothing as possible especially if you would be going close to their nest.
- Ensure the protective clothing is thick.
- If possible, wear a beekeeper’s hat or veil.
- Try to get rid of the wasps at dusk or during evening time. This is because, by this time, most of them would be in their nest.
- Do not intentionally rattle, poke or disturb the nest. This would get the wasps agitated and may put you in harm’s way. Just quietly set your trap, bait or spray your insecticide and walk away briskly.
Below are 15 home remedies to get rid of wasps (such as yellow jackets and hornets) and their nests;