The lungs never rest. A person breaths, on average, about 25,000 times in a day.
The main function of the lungs is to transport oxygen from the environment into the bloodstream and to expunge carbon dioxide, from the bloodstream to the environment.
The lungs are surrounded and protected by the rib cage. Also, the lungs on the right is a little larger than the lungs on the left.
Several diseases and ailments could affect your lungs. These diseases and conditions include; asthma, tuberculosis, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, pneumonia, Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), lung cancer, and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
The lungs are quite strong organs. Unfortunately, we expose them both unknowingly and intentionally.
Here are some good practices for strong and healthy lungs;
- Exercise daily to increase your lung’s capacity.
- Avoid sodas, coffee or alcohol.
- Exercise outdoors, in open areas, away from traffic and pollutants.
- Stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Practice deep breathing.
- Purify indoor air.
- Eat foods such as apples, pomegranates, and grapefruits, that keeps lungs healthy and hydrated.
- Laugh often. It is good for the lungs.
- Do not miss health checkups.
Below are 19 natural treatments and home remedies for strong and healthy lungs; Continue reading “19 Quality Home Remedies For Strong And Healthy Lungs”