Stomach or abdominal bloating is a condition in which the stomach feels tight and filled up due to gas build up in the small intestine. This bloated belly sensation often usually makes the belly look visibly swollen.
Symptoms that usually accompany abdominal bloating include; shortness of breath, diarrhea, abdominal cramp and pain, and lower back pain.
Causes of abdominal bloating include; intestinal gas buildup, swallowing air, gastroesophageal reflux (GERD), overeating, lactose intolerance, constipation, weight gain, peptic ulcer, and indigestion.
An effective way to get rid of bloated stomach naturally is passing gas and having a bowel movement.
Here are some tips and good practice, to consider, when dealing with bloated stomach;
- Eat foods rich in fibers such as vegetables, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
- Ensure you stay hydrated by drinking an adequate amount of water daily.
- Take your time to chew your food. Don’t rush your food.
- Avoid the consumption of fizzy drinks. Carbonated drinks tend to trap gas in your system.
- Eat foods rich in potassium such as banana, pistachio, avocado, and kiwi. These foods help to prevent water retention and bloating in the body.
- Aim to eat clean. Avoid eating highly greasy foods and processed foods that tend to irritate your system.
Below are natural ways and home remedies to get rid of stomach bloat;
Fennel seeds help lessen bloating by relaxing muscles that tend to tighten in the digestive tract.
Peppermint leaves have menthol which helps to soothe muscles in the gastrointestinal tract from tightening.
GInger has gingerols and shogoals that help to cut swelling in the intestine and loosen intestinal muscles.
This tea helps in the swelling and tightening of intestinal muscles.
Carvol and carvene, two chemicals found in caraway seeds, stops the muscles from tightening, kills bacteria and help stop gas buildup.
Pumpkin has a lot of vitamin A, potassium, and fiber that help in digestion.
Activated charcoal can trap the extra gas in your intestine.
Warm Lemon Water:
Lemon water is rich in vitamins and minerals and keeps you hydrated.
Pin To Pinterest