Nowadays, we eat a lot of processed and unhealthy foods increasing the workload of our liver. To maintain a healthy lifestyle, we should endeavor to reduce the processed food we consume and eat healthy natural foods.
Here are some tips and good practices, to consider, if you want to clean and protect the liver;
- Include cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, kale, and cabbage in your diet when doing a liver detox.
- Drink plenty of lemon water. Water helps tremendously in the detox process while the citric acid, in lemon, helps stimulate the production of bile in the liver.
- Eat lots of mineral-rich foods when doing a liver detox. Some important minerals for the liver detox process include; potassium, zinc, manganese, calcium, iron, copper, magnesium, and selenium.
- Avoid overburdening your liver with excessive consumption of alcohol and painkillers.
- Avoid processed foods and refined sugars. These type of foods contain synthetic ingredients and preservatives that can weaken your liver.
- You could take liver-support supplements such as supplements that contain milk thistle, turmeric, and dandelion.
Below, are 7 natural foods that helping in cleaning and protecting the liver;
Garlic contains Selenium which is an element that boosts antioxidant action that helps to detoxify the liver. Vitamin B6 also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent for the liver. The amino acid, arginine, in garlic helps in relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, reducing blood pressure within the liver.
Grapefruit contains high amounts of vitamin C and glutathione. The liver also produces glutathione naturally. A lot of our body processes involves the use of glutathione such as tissue building and making of a stronger immune system.
Leafy vegetables help the liver by neutralizing toxins such as such as heavy metals and pesticides from our environment that gets into our body. Take spinach, chicory and beet because they help in cleansing and purifying your blood. This helps in increasing liver function. Also take cruciferous vegetables like brussel sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli. The are beneficial in the production of enzymes that aid in removing toxins.
Avocado is a superfood that contains glutathione, vitamin C and vitamin E that work as antioxidants that help in neutralizing harmful free radicals and protect liver cells against damage. Vitamin E and vitamin K also protect the liver from harmful inflammation as these vitamins are anti-inflammatory in nature.
Walnuts are rich in the amino acid called arginine which assist the liver in the detoxification of ammonia. Walnuts also contains high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and glutathione which help in liver detoxification and in the neutralization of harmful free radicals. Walnuts also have saturated fats which help in the; prevention of accumulated fat in the liver and help in the development of strong cell membranes around the liver.
Turmeric is a very powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Turmeric contains curcumin as its primary active ingredient. This ingredient helps in bile flow, thus, acting as a liver cleanser. Curcumin also helps in rejuvenating the liver cells through the prevention of alcohol and toxins converting into compounds that could cause damage to the liver.
Drinking plenty of water helps keep the body hydrated while flushing toxins from the body. Water helps to filter waste product through the liver. Thus, enabling the liver to focus on metabolizing its own waste.
SAVE TO PINTEREST