Turnips are very low calorie root vegetables. Nonetheless, they are very good source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and anti-oxidants.
The turnip green tops contain even more vitamins and minerals than the roots contain. The green tops are good source of carotenoid, xanthin, lutein, vitamin C and vitamin A.
Also, the leafy tops are an excellent source of vitamin K, folates, riboflavin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid and thiamin.
The main benefits of turnips include;
- Increase immune function
- Protection against heart disease
- Alleviation of cardiovascular disease
- Alleviation of hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Reduced risk of type II diabetes
- Reduced frequency of migraine headaches
- Alleviation of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Pin To Pinterest