A minor wound is one in which the skin is torn, punctured or lacerated. These sort of wounds include cuts, incisions, minor burns, pressure sores, and scrapes.
Some of the risk factors that can make a person incur a minor wound include accidents, radiation, illness, age, poor general health, steroid usage, excessive smoking, and diabetes.
Common symptoms that accompany minor wounds include redness, swelling, pain, bleeding, and inflammation.
Minor wounds should be treated on time and in full to prevent exacerbation and infection.
Below are 18 natural home remedies and treatments to heal minor wounds;
1. Neem: Apply Paste Of Indian Lilac (Neem) Leaves To Wound Area. Neem Has Anti-Inflammatory And Antiseptic Properties. Neem Also Helps To Nourish The Wound Area Due To Its Fatty Acid. It Also Helps To Promote Wound Healing, Maintain Skin Elasticity And Helps In Collagen Production.
2. Sugar: Apply Granulated Sugar To The Wound. This Would Create A Highly Concentrated Medium Where Bacteria Can Not Survive. Sugar Also Helps Reduce Swelling And Promotes Formation Of Connective Tissues.(https://www.drwhitaker.com/sugar-on-wounds-for-healing)
3. Witch Hazel: Apply Witch Hazel Paste Or Tea To The Wound. Witch Hazel Is A Natural Astringent That Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties. This Enables Witch Hazel To Reduce Swelling, Bleeding And Speed Up Wound Healing.
4. Cucumber: Apply Slices Of Cucumber Poultice To The Wound. Curcumin, In Cucumber, Improves The Healing Process By Modulating Collagen And Reducing Oxidation Around The Wound. (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11010-006-9170-2)
5. Potato: Apply Raw Potato Poultice To Wound. This Would Help Moisture The Wound And Hasten The Healing Process.
6. Water: Use Clean Cool Water To Wash The Wound Area, With Soap, For About 10 Minutes. This Would Help To Ensure Optimal Healing. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22336796)
7. Tea Tree Oil: Apply Tea Tree Oil To Wound. Tea Tree Oil Has Antiseptic And Antimicrobial Properties That Help Prevent Wound Infection. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23848210)
8. Calendula: Apply Calendula Flower Juice To Wound. Calendula Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties To Help Hasten The Wound Healing Process. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19601397)
9. Coconut Oil: Apply Coconut Oil To Wound Area And Cover With Bandage. Coconut Oil Can Help Prevent Scarring. Also, Its Antibacterial, Moisturizing And Anti-Inflammatory Properties Make It Ideal For Minor Wounds. (http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/313516)
10. Coffee: Apply Coffee Powder On Wound For 10 Minutes. Rinse Off Thereafter. Coffee Is A Stimulant With Pain-Relieving Properties And Can Stop Bleeding. (http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/coffee-grounds-can-stop-cut-from-bleeding/)
11. Marshmallow Root: Apply Marshmallow Root Poultice To The Wound. Marshmallow Root Is Effective In Protecting The Wound Area From Toxins And Bacteria. It Also Hastens Healing Time By Draw Out Impurities. (https://jonbarron.org/herbal-library/herbs/marshmallow-root)
12. Garlic: Apply Crushed Garlic Clove Paste To Wound To Reduce Pain And Bleeding. Garlic Promotes Healing, Reducing Pain And Stops Bleeding Due To Its Antimicrobial And Antibiotic Properties.
13. Lavender: Apply Lavender Oil To Wound. This Promotes Wound Healing As Lavender Oil Hastens Collagen Production Without Any Scarring. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4880962/)
14. Turmeric: Apply Turmeric Powder Directly To Wound To Stop Bleeding. Turmeric Has Natural Antiseptic And Antimicrobial Properties To Heal Wounds Fast And Prevent Infections.
15. Plantain Leaf: Apply Plantain Leaf Paste To The Wound. Plantain Leaf Have Natural Anti-Inflammatory And Antibacterial Properties. They Also Help Reduce Itching And Pain.
16. Aloe Vera: Apply Aloe Vera Gel To Wound. Aloe Vera Has Healing Properties, Painkilling Properties, And Anti-Inflammatory Properties. However, Aloe Vera May Not Be Effective For Deep Wounds.(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22336851)
17. Chamomile: Apply Chamomile Tea Bag Poultice To The Wound. Chamomile Tea’s Rich Antioxidants Would Hasten The Healing Process. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3318194)
18. Honey: Apply Honey To Wound Area. Honey Has Antimicrobial Properties That Would Assist In The Healing Process. Honey Also Helps Reduce Bleeding And Pain.
Pin To Pinterest