Sun tanned face, hands and skin, in general, are not considered cosmetically and aesthetically appealing in eastern countries, such as Indian, Korea, and China, as they are in western countries such as USA and Canada.
When you expose your skin to the sun’s UV rays (UVA and UVB), there is a tendency for the skin to increase its melanin production. The increase in melanin production gives your skin a darker pigmentation that is often called a Suntanned skin.
Below are 17 natural ways and home remedies to tone your skin and lighten a sun tanned skin giving you a lighter complexion;
1. Sandalwood: Apply A Paste Of Sandalwood Powder And Water To The Affected Skin Area. Leave It On The Skin For 20 Minutes. Rinse-Off Thereafter. Sandalwood Has Anti-Ageing And Skin Lightening Properties. These Make It Effective In Lightening A Sun Tanned Skin. You Could Also Mix Coconut Oil, Almond Oil Or Turmeric Powder To The Sandalwood To Make It Even More Effective. (http://www.beautystylo.com/how-to-use-sandalwood-for-skin-whitening.html)
2. Almond: Apply A Soft Mash Paste Of Almond To The Affected Skin Area. Leave On Skin For 30 Minutes. Rinse-Off Thereafter. Almond Helps To Lighten And Tone You Skin As Well As Scrub And Cleanse The Skin. (https://www.joybynature.com/blogs/food-recipes/49453377-5-step-almond-treatment-for-natural-skin-whitening)
3. Bitter Gourd: Massage Bitter Gourd Juice On Face, Neck And Other Affected Skin Tan Areas. Leave On Skin For 10 Minutes Before Washing Off. Bitter Gourd Is Rich In Antioxidants That Helps Heal The Skin From Sun Tan Fast. (http://www.bollywoodshaadis.com/articles/beauty-benefits-of-bitter-gourd-for-brides-2052)
4. Aloe Vera: Apply Aloe Vera Gel To Affected Skin Part Overnight. Wash Off In The Morning. Aloe Vera Helps Nourish And Heal The Skin From The Dark And Reddish Tan. This Makes Aloe Vera Effective In Lightening The Skin. (http://tipsandbeauty.com/how-to-use-aloe-vera-for-skin-lightening/)
5. Oatmeal: Gently Massage A Paste Of Oatmeal To The Affected Skin Areas. Leave On Skin For 30 Minutes. Rinse-Off Thereafter. Oatmeal Has Skin-Exfoliating And Skin-Soothing Properties. This Makes It An Effective Home Remedy For Curing A Sun Tanned Skin. You Could Also Add Almond Paste Or Milk To Oatmeal To Make It More Effective. (http://www.beststylo.com/oatmeal-mask-for-skin-whitening-best-skin-whitening-tips/)
6. Cucumber: Massage Cucumber Paste To All Affected Skin Area. Leave For 30 to 40 Minutes. Rinse-Off Thereafter. Cucumber Helps To Nourish And Moisturize The Skin. It Also Helps To Reduce Sun Tan As It Cools And Soothes The Skin. (http://www.dermanities.com/cucumber-help-lighten-skin)
7. Cabbage: Apply Freshly Made Cabbage Juice To Face, Neck And Other Affected Part Of The Skin. Leave For 20 Minutes And Try To Relax. Cabbage Has Antioxidant And Anti-Inflammatory Properties That Helps Heal The Sun Tanned Skin. (https://makeupandbeauty.com/diy-fresh-cabbage-juice-pack-to-remove-tan-and-skin-pigmentation/)
8. Potato: Gently Rub Mashed Potato Paste To The Affected Skin Tanned Area. Leave On Skin For 30 Minutes. Wash Off Thereafter. Potato Has Natural Bleaching Properties, It Soothes The Skin And Nourishes The Skin As It Is Rich In Vitamin C. (http://beautytips4her.com/potato-skin-brightening-bleach-at-home/)
9. Green Tea: Apply Cooled Down Brewed Green Tea To The Affected Parts Of The Skin With The Aid Of A Cotton Ball. Rinse-Off After 15 Minutes. Green Tea Is Rich In Antioxidants That Soothes The Skin, Helps Makes It Blemish-Free And Heals The Skin From Skin-Damaging Free Radicals. (http://www.skindiseaseremedies.com/green-tea-for-skin-whitening/)
10. Fuller’s Earth: Apply Fuller’s Earth To Face And Neck. Leave On Skin For 10 Minutes. Wash Off Thereafter. Fuller’s Earth Helps Heals The Tanned Skin As Well As Soothe And Cool The Skin. It Also Improves Skin Quality By Improving Circulation On The Skin. (http://becomebeautifulnutan.blogspot.com/2017/01/6-skin-whitening-home-remedies-with.html)
11. Gram Flour: Mix Gram Flour With Plain Water Or Rose Water To Make A Paste. Apply This Paste To All Affected Skin Area. Leave For 30 Minutes. Rinse-Off Thereafter. Gram Flour Is Effective In Toning A Dark Sun Tanned Skin As It Is Capable Of Removing Dead Skin Cells As Well As Making The Skin Look Bright And Young. (https://bellatory.com/skin/Natural-Skin-Lightening-With-Gram-Flour)
12. Yogurt: Apply Yogurt To Face And Neck. Leave For 30 Minutes. Rinse-Off Thereafter. Yogurt Is Great For Sun Tanned Skin As It Cools The Skin, Tightens Pores And Reduces The Skin Redness. For Even Better Result, You Could Mix Lemon Juice Or Cucumber Juice To The Yogurt. (http://letsgohealthy.net/yogurt-face-packs/)
13. Wheat Flour: Apply A Paste Of Wheat Flour On Affected Skin Area. Leave On Skin For 20 Minutes. Rinse-Off With Water Thereafter. Wheat Flour Helps To Remove Sun Tan, Remove Dark Spots And Improves Skin Tone. (http://www.bollywoodshaadis.com/articles/wheat-flour-based-face-packs-6348)
14. Lemon: Apply Fresh Lemon Juice On The Affected Skin. Leave On Skin For 20 Minutes. Wash Off Thereafter. Lemon Has Natural Bleaching Properties Which Makes It An Effective Home Remedy For Sun Tanned Skin. (http://herbs.lovetoknow.com/How_to_Use_Lemon_Juice_to_Whiten_Skin)
15. Papaya: Gently Rub Mashed Papaya Paste On The Sun Tan Affected Areas Of The Skin. Leave For 15 Minutes Before Rinsing Off. Papaya Has Enzymes And Anti-Aging Properties That Makes It Effective For Skin Tan Removal. (https://www.dermatocare.com/home-remedies/how-to-use-papaya-for-skin-whitening-diy-recipe-from-dermatologist/56)
16. Milk: Apply Milk To The Affected Parts Of The Skin. Leave For 20 Minutes. Rinse-Off With Water. Milk Is An Effective Remedy For Dark Sun Tanned Skin. Milk Provides Relief To The Skin As Well As Lighten Your Skin Complexion. Thus, Making Your Skin To Glow. You Can Add Saffron, Turmeric Or Lemon Juice To Make The Milk More Effective. (http://www.thebeautymadness.com/how-to-lighten-skin-with-raw-milk/)
17. Vicks Vaporub: Apply Small Amounts Of Vicks Vaporub On The Affected Part Of The Skin. Vicks Vaporub Is An Effective Home Remedy For Sun Tan Removal.
Pin To Pinterest