Piles, medically known as hemorrhoids, affects about 75 percent of Americans at one point in their life. Pile often occurs when veins in the anus and rectum become inflamed.
Hemorrhoids are basically of two types; Internal Hemorrhoids and External Hemorrhoids.
Factors that can increase your chances of having hemorrhoids include; age, pregnancy, diet deficient in fiber and spinal injuries.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids include, bleeding during bowel movement, blood lump around anus, and irritation near the anal region.
Below are 16 natural home remedies and treatments for hemorrhoids;
1. Apply Tea Tree Oil To Affected Area. Tea Tree Oil Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties That Is Effective In Reducing Capillary Inflammations Thus, Providing Relief To The Hemorrhoid Area.
2. Drink Green Tea. It Has Antioxidant Properties That Hastens The Healing Process.
3. Apply Almond Oil To Affected Area. Almond Has Soothing (Emollient) And High Absorption Properties That Moisturizes And Soothes Inflammations, Itching And Burning Sensation Caused By Hemorrhoids.
4. Apply Witch Hazel Tea To Affected Area. Witch Hazel Has Mild Antiseptic And Astringent Properties That Help Relieve Pain, Itching And Swelling.
5. Use Wet Wipes Instead Of Tissue Paper After Bowel Movements To Reduce Irritation.
6. Apply Cold Aloe Vera Paste To Affected Region. Aloe Vera Has Anti-Inflammatory, Healing, And Therapeutic Properties That Soothe Irritation Caused By Hemorrhoids. Aloe Vera Is Very Beneficial For Both Internal And External Hemorrhoids.
7. Apply Lemon Juice To Affected Area. Lemon Juice Contains Antioxidants, In The Form Of Vitamins And Minerals, That Strengthen Blood Vessel Walls Around The Hemorrhoid Region.
8. Apply Coconut Oil To Hemorrhoids. Coconut Oil Has Antiseptic, Antimicrobial And Anti-Inflammatory Properties That Help Reduce Inflammations And Irritations As Well As Provide Soothing Relief To The Region.
9. Take A Warm Bath With Epsom Salt. It Helps Relieve The Irritation.
10. Stay Hydrated. Drink More Water. Water Helps Keep You Hydrated, Keeps Your Stools Soft, And Aids In Better Bowel Movement. These Make Water Beneficial For Both Internal And External Hemorrhoids.
11. Apply Wrapped Ice To Affected Anal Region For 10 Minutes. Ice Would Help Numb The Pain By Constricting The Blood Vessels Around That Area. This Would Also Reduce Swelling.
12. Apply Cold Wet Black Tea Bags To Hemorrhoids. Black Tea Contains Tannic Acid Which Is An Effective Astringent That Helps Provide Relief From Pain And Swelling Caused By Hemorrhoids.
13. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar To Affected Anal Area. Apple Cider Vinegar Has Anti-Inflammatory And Astringent Properties That Help Reduce Swelling Of Blood Vessels, Reduce Irritations Around The Hemorrhoid Anal Region And Give Relief From Pain.
14. Consume Extra Virgin Olive Oil Orally Or Apply It To Affected Anal Area. Olive Oil Has Potent Antioxidant And Anti-Inflammatory Properties That Helps To Reduce Inflammation Of Blood Vessels, Around The Anal Region, By Increasing Elasticity Of The Blood Vessels. This Makes Extra Virgin Olive Oil An Effective Remedy For External Hemorrhoids.
15. Drink Radish Juice. Radish Juice Would Help Detox The Body And Reduce Painful Pile Discomfort.
16. Consume High Fiber Diet. High Fiber Diet Softens Your Stool.
Pin To Pinterest