Minor burns are burns that affect only the surface skin and cause pain and redness of the skin. They are also called 3rd-degree burns. They are often caused by exposure to hot fluids and hot objects.
If left unchecked, minor burns could turn to painful blisters. However, minor burns tend to heal within a few days or weeks.
Below are 13 natural home remedies and treatments for minor burn relief;
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: Soak Clean Cloth In Dilute Apple Cider Vinegar. Then Place Wet Cloth Over Burn. Apple Cider Vinegar Acts As Both Antiseptic And Astringent.
2. Yogurt: Apply Cool Yogurt To Affected Area. Yogurt Acts As An Antidote And Cools The Burn.
3. Aloe Vera: Apply Aloe Vera Gel On The Affected Area. Aloe Vera Has Tissue-Healing And Astringent Properties.
4. Water: Run Cold Water Over The Burn Or Mildly Apply Cold Compress On Affected Area. Do Not Use Ice On Burn.
5. Lavender: Soak Clean Cloth In Lavender Essential Oil Mixed With Water. Then Place Cloth Over Burn. Lavender Oil Has Antiseptic And Painkilling Properties.
6. Onion: Rub Onion Juice On The Affected Area. Onion Juice Contains Sulfur Compounds And Quercetin That Hastens The Healing Process.
7. Coconut Oil: Apply Coconut Oil Over The Affected Burn Area. Coconut Oil Contains Fatty Acids (Lauric Acid, Myristic Acid And Caprylic Acid) That Have Antimicrobial And Antioxidant Properties. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2792613/)
8. Plantain: Apply Plantain Leaf Paste Over Affected Burn Area. Plantain Leaves Antimicrobial And Anti-Inflammatory Properties.
9. Honey: Place Honey Poultice On The Minor Burn. This Would Help Disinfect The Burn. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11702616)
10. Black Tea: Place Cold Black Tea Bags On The Burn. Tannic Acid In Black Tea Helps In Cooling The Burn And Reducing The Pain.
11. Oatmeal: If There Is Itching Due To The Burn, Apply Oatmeal Paste.
12. Milk: Soak Affected Area In Milk. The Fats And Proteins In The Milk Soothe The Burn And Expedites Healing.
13. Potato: Rub A Slice Of Raw Potato Over The Burn. Potato Has Anti-Irritating And Soothing Properties.
Pin To Pinterest