Fibromyalgia is a chronic medical condition characterized by widespread muscle, ligament, and tendon pain. It is also known as fibrositis or fibromyositis.
Likely risk factors that could lead to fibromyalgia include; viral infections, rheumatic diseases, spinal cord or brain trauma, stress, and disturbed sleep pattern.
Symptoms of fibromyalgia include; fatigue, high sensitivity to noise, odor, bright light, muscle pain and numbness.
Below are 13 home remedies for fibromyalgia pain relief;
1. Consume Chamomile Tea. It Has Relaxing Properties. It Is Also Rich In Zinc And Selenium That Boosts Body Immune System. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26483209)
2. Keep A Food Journal And Monitor How You Feel After A Meal.
3. Engage In Meditation And Other Relaxation Techniques. Yoga And Meditation Can Help Provide Relief For Fibromyalgia Symptoms Such As Poor Sleep, Pain, Fatigue, And Anxiety. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25425224)
4. Take Valerian Tea. It Is A Natural Sedative And Could Help With Sleeping Issues. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10352370)
5. Do Acupressure And Acupuncture. They Help Induce Relaxation And Reduce Stress. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23728665)
6. Take Astragalus Tea. Astragalus Has Anti-Inflammatory And Antibacterial Properties. It Also Strengthens The Immune System. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4613048/)
7. Consume Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Omega-3 Fatty Acids Help Reduce Inflammation And Neuropathic Pains. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20090445)
8. Massage Your Body. It Would Help Relax The Muscles And Tender Points. Massage Also Relieves Stress, Aching Muscles As Well As Facilitate The Production Of The Body’S Natural Pain-Killing Chemicals. A Special Type Of Massage Called Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy Is Especially Beneficial For People Experiencing Fibromyalgia Because It Helps Loosen Lymph Blockages That Could Be A Contributor To Body Pain. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3930706/)
9. Add Cayenne Pepper To Your Food As A Spice. Cayenne Pepper Contains Capsaicin Which Is A Natural Pain-Killer. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22842953)
10. Soak Your Body In Epsom Salt. Bathing In Epsom Salt Would Help Soothe The Body Pain As Well As Relax The Body. Also Magnesium Is Absorbed By The Body Which Is Good As Magnesium Deficiency Is Commonly Associated With Fibromyalgia. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3192333/)
11. Consume Ginger. Ginger Has Anti-Inflammatory And Pain-Relieving Properties.
12. Do Moderate Physical Exercises. Exercise Helps Prevent Muscle Wasting And Helps Boost Levels Of Endorphins Which Are Pain-Fighting Chemicals. Exercise Also Helps To Reduce Stress And Anxiety. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15711234)
13. Consume Grape Seed Extract. It Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties And Antioxidants That Help Relieve Sore Muscles.
Save To Pinterest