Note: Consult a specialist for adequate diagnosis and treatment. Use natural home remedies and treatments as auxiliary
Bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression, causes overwhelming mood swing from being happy to being sad. Bipolar disorder is also characterized by emotional and energy level swings. Triggers of bipolar disorder include depression, sudden shock, genetics or stress.
Bipolar disorder can be dangerous if not treated.
Medications are generally prescribed by doctors for people experiencing bipolar disorder once the diagnosis has been affirmed. If you are interested in the natural remedy ways, ensure you consult a qualified naturopath specialist for proper guidance.
Below are 20 natural home remedies and treatments for bipolar disorder;
1. Take Fish Oil Supplements. Fish Oil Has EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) And DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) That Helps In Hormone Production. Fish Oil Also Helps In Overcoming Depression.
2. Drink Brahmi Tea. It Has Both Mild Stimulant And Sedative Properties.
3. Drink Ashwagandha Tea. Ashwagandha Works As A Nervine Tonic That Improves Bipolar Disorder Symptoms.
4. Drink Valerian Root Tea. Valerian Root Is A Strong Sedative For Calming Down The Body.
5. Drink Passionflower Tea. Passionflower Has Sedative Properties.
6. Eat Food Rich In Magnesium. Magnesium Is A Mood Balancer And Helps To Reduce Manic Symptoms. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23147067)
7. Eat Foods Rich In Vitamin B Or Take Vitamin B Supplements. Vitamin B Helps Regulate Mood.
8. Drink St John’s Wort Tea. It Is A Natural Antidepressant. However, Consult A Doctor Before Taking It As It Can Interact With Other Medications And Can Also Trigger Mania.
9. Consume Flaxseed Oil. It Is Used To Treat Depression Induced Bipolar Disorder.
10. Drink Licorice Tea.
11. Drink Snakeroot Tea. It Is Both An Antidepressant And A Sedative.
12. Drink Ginseng Tea. Ginseng Helps To Reduce Feeling Of Lethargy And Lack Of Energy Felt By Patients Having Bipolar Disorder.
13. Consume Ginkgo Biloba Tea. Ginkgo Is A Mood Enhancer.
14. Keep A Diary To Monitor How Food Consumed Affects Mood Swings.
15. Massage Therapy. Massage Therapy Helps Relaxes The Body And Relieves You Of Depression, Anxiety, And Stress.
16. Get The Right Amount Of Sleep.
17. Drop Bad Habits. Avoid Smoking Cigarettes And Alcohol Consumption.
18. Drink Sarsaparilla Tea. Sarsaparilla Is A Mild Sedative And Helps Regulate Hormone Production.
19. Try Acupuncture. Acupuncture Can Be Used To Relax Tense Muscles Caused By Stress.
20. Take Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica). This Kola Is Recommended For Those With Anxiety And Depression. Consume As Described In Package.
Pin To Pinterest