Tinea Versicolor, as known as pityriasis versicolor, is a skin fungal infection that is more common in young adults than other demographics.
Fungi of the genus Malassezia are often present on the skin and do not cause any problem. However, they can start to grow out of control and cause discoloration and pigmentation issues of the skin.
The reason for the abnormal fungus growth is not known. However, possible contributory factors include; hormonal changes, excessive sweating, oily skin, hot and humid environments.
There are several topical antifungal over-the-counter and prescribed treatments for tinea versicolor.
Below are 17 natural home remedies and treatments for tinea versicolor;
1. Consume Garlic. Garlic Has Antifungal Properties To Reduce Fungal Growth And Itching.
2. Apply Aloe Vera Gel To Affected Part.
3. Apply Candle Bush Herb To Affected Area.
4. Maintain A Healthy Immune-Boosting Diet.
5. Apply Tea Tree Oil To Affected Part.
6. Apply Patchouli Essential Oil To Affected Area.
7. Apply Turmeric Powder Paste To Affected Area. Rinse Off After 30 Minutes.
8. Apply Listerine Mouth Wash To Affected Area.
9. Wash Affected Area With Indian Lilac (Neem) Tea.
10. Apply Yogurt To Affected Part For 40 Minutes. Rinse Off Thereafter. The Presence Of Probiotics, In Yogurt, Would Help Keep Any Fungal Growth In Check.
11. Apply Manuka Honey To Affected Area.
12. Apply Oregano Oil To Affected Part.
13. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar To Affected Part For 20 Minutes. Rinse Off Thereafter.
14. Apply Extra Virgin Coconut Oil To Affected Part.
15. Use Baking Soda As A Body Scrub While Bathing, Focusing On Affected Area. Baking Soda Alkalizes The Body And Prevents Fungal Growth.
16. Apply Grape Seed Extract To Affected Area.
17. Apply Eucalyptus Oil To Affected Area.
Pin To Pinterest