Foot tendonitis is the inflammation and soreness of the foot tendons. It is usually characterized by pain in the foot.
Foot tendonitis is caused by straining the foot tendons especially when one runs or walks inappropriately or for an extensive period of time. It could also occur when one stands for a long time.
Symptoms of foot tendonitis include pain, swelling, and restricted movement of the foot.
Below are 15 natural home remedies and treatments for foot tendonitis;
1. Soak Feet In Sugarless Carbonated Water For 20 Minutes. Carbonated Water, Through Reverse Osmosis, Draws Excess Fluid From The Feet.
2. Soak Feet In Epsom Salt Mixed With Warm Water. Magnesium Would Be Absorbed To The Feet Due To The Epsom Salt.
3. Massage Foot With Olive Oil. It Would Help Stimulate Blood Flow Around The Feet.
4. Apply Ice Pack To Affected Area To Help Reduce Pain And Inflammation.
5. Eat Fresh Asparagus. It Is A Natural Diuretic That Would Help Flush Out Excess Fluid From The Body Which Would In Turn Swelling And Inflammation.
6. Apply Chickweed Paste To Affected Area. Chickweed Helps To Reduce Pain, Stiffness, And Swelling.
7. Drink Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar. It Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties.
8. Apply Mashed Potato Paste To Affected Foot. Rinse Off After 30 Minutes.
9. Soak Cloth In Sage Leaf Tea And Place On Affected Area For 20 Minutes.
10. You Can Try Acupuncture. Studies Have Shown Acupuncture Helps Relieve Pain And Discomfort Associated With Tendonitis. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23263998)
11. Apply Cayenne Pepper Paste To The Feet. Rinse Off After 30 Minutes. Cayenne Pepper Contains Capsaicin Which Is A Natural Pain-Reliever. Do Not Apply To Open Wounds.
12. Apply Vinegar Wrap Hot And Cold Therapy Around The Feet. The Hot Wraps Would Reduce Pain And Soreness While The Cold Wraps Would Reduce Inflammation.
13. Consume Foods Rich In Omega-3 Fatty Acids Such As Wild Fish, Cod-Liver Oil, And Nuts. They Are Good For The Foot Inflammation.
14. Apply Cabbage Poultice To Feet. Cabbage Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties.
15. Apply Broccoli Paste To Affected Foot. Rinse Off After 20 Minutes.
Pin To Pinterest